- 2 cups All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1/3 cup whisked yogurt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Lukewarm water (for kneading the flour)
- Butter to brush
- Take a bowl. Add All purpose flour, salt, sugar and baking soda to it and mix well.
- Now add yogurt, oil, water and make into soft dough.
- Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes. Apply some oil on the dough and cover and keep the dough in a warm place for 2-3 hours. The dough should almost be double in size.
- Knead the dough for about two to three minutes and divide the dough into equal parts.
- Take each piece of dough, one at a time and roll into an oval shape.Dust lightly with the dry flour while rolling. Spread the water lightly on one side of the naan.
- Heat the tawa (girdle) on high flame. Now put the water part on the tawa. Reduce the flame to medium.
- Let the naan cook for a couple seconds and once you see small bubbles, then flip the tawa and cook it in the flame. The naan would be stuck to the tawa and you would be lifting and flipping the tawa to cook the naan in direct flame for even cooking and brown spots.
- Once cooked, using a spatula or ladle or some sort, take the naan out, and brush with butter.
- Tawa Naans are ready to serve.